Greetings to All
The Mohammed Haji Saboo Siddik Institute (a Minority Institute) owes its existence to the munificence of the late Mohammed, son of Haji Saboo Siddik, who bequeathed a large sum of money for establishing, conducting and managing the Institute for imparting Vocational, Technical and Industrial Training and Education. Subsequently, when the concept of technical high school took shape, a sum of Rupees One Lakh was also received from the assets of his mother, Bai Jimba Bai, after whom one of the buildings has been named in the premises of the Institute.
Originally, the Institute was founded in the year 1936 as a trade school with the object of turning out artisans in some industrial arts and crafts. A major reorganization in its curriculum took place in the year 1945. In 1958, a three-year Diploma program in Civil Engineering was started and five years later, two more Diploma program in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering were added. To cope up with the increasing demand, from 1981 the Polytechnic has increased the intake capacity from 120 to 180 students. Taking into consideration, the development in Industrial Electronics in Maharashtra and Mumbai in particular, the Polytechnic started three- year Diploma in Industrial electronics from the academic year 1981-82. From the academic year 1987-88, the polytechnic has started three Year Diploma in Computer Engineering. A three-year Diploma in Information Technology & Mechanical Engineering (Un-Aided) has been approved and sanctioned by AICTE, New Delhi from the year 2000-01, 2010-11 respectively. In the year 2000 the polytechnic was awarded as “Best Polytechnic with a cash prize of One Lakh” from Chief Minister, Govt. of Maharashtra. In the year 2018-19 the polytechnic got NBA accreditation and based on the performance the aided seats were increased from 180 to 240. In line with this objective, the institute has assured the quality in technical education by continuous up-gradation of facilities and infrastructure along with the effort to appoint qualified & eligible teachers. We have ISTE chapter, CSI chapter for students.
Vision and Mission of the Institute:
Vision: “To become an Institute of Excellence, imparting quality technical education to all the societies in general and Muslim community in particular, aiming at the creation of globally competent technocrats striving for National development.”.
- To uplift Muslim and other communities through technical education, to enable them gain confidence, status in society, social equity and economic stability.
- To provide state of the art infrastructure and instructional facilities and employ competent staff to impart high quality education.
- To produce ethically strong and morally sound human resource to serve mankind.
- To offer extra-curricular and co-curricular activities for students to improve their life skills.
- To prepare students to be life ready, work ready and world ready by being a future ready institution.
- 1958: In the year 1958, a three-year Diploma programme in Civil Engineering was started.
- 1963: Five years later, two more Diploma programmes in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering were added.
- 1981: To cope up with the increasing demand, from 1981 the Polytechnic has increased the intake capacity from 120 to 180 students for the Diploma programmes in Engineering. Taking into consideration, the development in Industrial Electronics in Maharashtra and Mumbai in particular, the Polytechnic started three-year Diploma in Industrial electronics from the academic year 1981-82.
- 1983: Since the demand increases and more people attracted towards skill-based education, hence the institute started four-year Part-Time Diploma Programmes in Engineering for working men and women since 1983.
- 1987: From the academic year 1987-88, the polytechnic has started three – year Diploma in Computer Engineering.
- 2001: With the increasing demand for information technology, a three-year Diploma in Information Technology started in the year Academic 2000-2001.
- 2010: An overwhelming demand for Mechanical Engineering force us to increase the mechanical engineering seats and hence in the Academic year 2010- 2011, the polytechnic has started Diploma in Mechanical Engineering under Unaided section with 60 more intake.
- 2020: Based on the performance of the polytechnic the aided diploma programme (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Engineering) seats were increased from 180 to 240.
- 2021: AICTE has decided to close all part time diploma courses and converted it into full time diploma courses. So in unaided section 3 more diploma courses i.e Mechanical, Elecgrical and Civil Engineering.
- 2022: As the future will be Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning, so 60 seats of Mechanical Engg. Was converted to 60 Seats of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- 80% of the faculty retained for more than 15 years and 60% for more than 20 years
- Registered with Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Registered with Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE).
- Honoured with CDTP scheme of MHRD, Govt. of India. Skilled 3384 youth in last 8 years.
- Membership with Inter Engineering Diploma Students Sports Association (IEDSSA)
- Only Polytechnic in Mumbai region offering Part Time Diploma.
- PMKVY scheme for skill upgradation of dropouts. Skilled 170 school dropouts in 2 years.
- Depurating staff for higher Studies.
- Promoting Faculties for FDP and Industrial Training.
- Organizing Free Medical Camp.
- Organizing Institute Interaction Meet every year.
- A huge Alumni Cell, and every year Alumni Meet is organized by OSA.
- Organizing Career Guidance and counselling for SSC and HSC Students.
- Organizing Expert lectures from industries.
- Organizing Industrial Visits for the students.
- Staff and students participated in Paper Presentation for state, national and Inter-National level.
- 24-hour internet surfing.
- Library services beyond office hours.
- Students mentoring Cell
- Anti-Ragging Cell
- Woman’s grievance and redressal cell.
- Scholarship Cell established for students.
- Training and Placement cell available for the students
- Organizes Mega Job Fair for the Polytechnic and other than polytechnic students.
Finally, In our Endeavour to take college to greater heights, we look up to our Stakeholders, our most potential resource for the connect to the world of work.
Covid-19 has changed everything around us. But it hasn’t been able to change our spirit of Never Giving Up.